Finger printing service is offered to Sour Lake Residents at no charge. This applies to those outside of the city limits but show a Sour Lake address on their form of identification.
All persons to be fingerprinted must supply their own fingerprint card(s).
The Sour Lake Police Department does not offer finger printing for immigration documents.Finger printing service is available by appointment. To set up an appointment please call 409-287-3574.
For non Sour Lake Residents, cost is $20.00 (cash and exact change only) for two complete sets. We are unable to submit fingerprints directly to the State.
Fingerprints can be done by appointment Monday – Friday at any IdentoGO location.
Planning your summer vacation? Sit back, relax, and let the Sour Lake Police Department take care of things at home while you are away.
The Sour Lake Police Department offers a Vacation Watch Program to provide citizens some peace of mind while they are away from their homes. Officers check the residence during their absence and document the times they stop by. Should anything be of concern, action will be taken and home owners will be contacted.
Personal and household crimes are the highest in the warm months when people spend more time away from home on vacations or are involved in outdoor activities. Avoid becoming part of this statistic by signing up for the Police Vacation Watch and following the suggestions below to protect your home, property, and family while you’re relaxing and having fun!
Before You Leave
• Notify a friend, relative, or trusted neighbor that you’ll be away and leave emergency phone numbers with them in case they need to reach you.
• Be sure all doors, windows, and gates are locked when you leave.
• Manually lock your garage door from the inside and disengage your electronic device, this eliminates the possibility of thieves entering with garage door decoders.
• Stop mail and newspaper deliveries or have a friend, relative, or trusted neighbor collect it each day.
• Install light timers on indoor lights – this gives the illusion someone is home.
• Arrange for someone to take care of your lawn
How to Register:-
To take advantage of the Vacation Watch Program, fill out the attached Form and either email it to a supervisor or deliver it to City Hall and you will be added to the watch list. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Sour Lake Police Department at (409) 287-3574.